• Customs declarations can be outsourced to freight forwarders or agents or be managed in house. If you choose to do them in-house, HMRC is currently offering funding to help businesses handling import and export declarations prepare for Brexit. Businesses can apply for two grants – one for staff training and the other for IT improvements. However you need to act quickly as the window for applications closes on 5 April 2019.  For more information, click here
  • The Single Administration Document (SAD), also known as Form C88 in the UK, is the main customs form used in international trade to or from the EU Customs Union. It helps traders with declaring import, export, transit and community status declarations for countries outside the EU. Following Brexit, it may be a tool which will be used for all imports and exports between the UK and the EU.
  • To find the tariffs that apply to your business, you can apply for a Binding Tariff Information (BTI) decision. It is not a legal requirement, but it will help you assess customs duties and tariffs in advance. It is valid for three years. You’ll need your Government Gateway user ID & password, your EORI number and detailed information on the goods. You can apply at www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-binding-tariff-information-decision-notice-600

See our FAQ section [TAB] for more information on customs and tariffs.

Contact us