Bringing talent to the UK – Visas, Sponsorship and employment law
HR Insight in partnership with Kingston Smith and Permits2Work invites you to join them for an interactive seminar on bringing people to the UK.
As the fight for talent in the UK becomes increasingly difficult for employers, many Businesses are looking to source talent from abroad. You may be experiencing a skills shortage for a particular job, or setting up a UK office from abroad; whatever your reason for wanting to learn more, this seminar will cover some of the key areas you will need to know on how to manage the process safely and to stay the right side of the law.
Matthew Passmore will present an overview of the application process for hiring a non-EEA national. He will cover:
- Overview of the Points Based System
- The decision making framework for sponsoring non-EEA nationals
- The Resident Labour Market Test
- Restricted Certificates of Sponsorship
- Preventing illegal employment
Donal Moon will present an overview of the key legal risks that can arise during the employment life cycle of a non-EEA national. He will cover:
- The legal aspects of recruitment
- Risk-reducing contractual terms
- Minimising the chances of an employment dispute
- Ending the employment relationship
- Whether employee’s working in the UK illegally have any right to bring a claim
Tim Stovold will present an overview of the tax obligations for workers coming to the UK and also the opportunities for tax efficient salary structures. He will cover:
- Registering inbound workers with HMRC
- Tax efficient structuring of salaries to allow living expenses to be paid free of tax
- Overseas work days relief – agreeing with HMRC that workers only taxed on income attributable to their UK work days
- Taxation of relocation and travel expenses
- National Insurance obligations
Date: Thursday 4th February 2016
Time: 4.30pm registration for a 5.00pm start. Ends 6.30pm, followed by canapes and refreshments
Donal Moon, Employment Law Advisor, HR Insight
Tim Stovold, Partner, Kingston Smith
Matthew Passmore, Director, PERMITS2WORK Ltd.
RSVP: Ruth Burchill on RBurchill@hrinsight.co.uk or telephone 01708 758958
Venue: Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Road, London EC1M 7AD
Date: February 4, 2016
Employment Law Advisor, HR Insight
Partner, Kingston Smith
Director, PERMITS2WORK Ltd.
60 Goswell Road