Planning for Later Life – Redhill
People can expect to live long beyond traditional ‘retirement age’, maybe never completely retiring at all. Not only do people need to be financially agile, they need to understand the care system, which is the topic of many a conversation today. Many are adopting a fresh approach to planning for later life, incorporating social, medical and financial aspects.
Join us for our free later life planning seminar. You’ll hear from our Kingston Smith legal, tax, financial planning and care experts on the integrated support that’s available to you.
We will also be joined by an external expert care consultant and qualified social worker who will set the scene with some practical examples and provide a unique insight in to these issues.
Our seminar will look at:
- what the state can provide and whether it is means tested or not
- the difference between social care and medical care
- what happens if you want your house to pass to your children but need to go into a home in the meantime
- the funding options available to you and your family
- whether there are implications for inheritance tax planning if you have already written your will
- whether you should appoint an attorney if your affairs are simple
Time: 4.00pm registration for a 4.30pm start. Ends 6.15pm followed by canapés and refreshments
Date: Thursday 19 April
Venue: Kingston Smith, Betchworth House, 57-65 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1DL
Due to limited parking at our offices, we would recommend using one from a number of local Redhill car parks which are just a short walk from Betchworth House. (For map and car park information please click here).
Date: April 19, 2018
Time: 4.00pm registration
Partner, Kingston Smith
Senior Private Client Solicitor, Kingston Smith
Chartered Financial Planner, Kingston Smith
Director, Integration in Care
57-65 Station Road