Update on off-payroll working rules
We would like to invite you to a complimentary webinar focusing on the new off-payroll working rules that come into effect in the private sector from 6 April 2021. These changes will bring challenges to some and opportunities for other businesses depending on their size. For larger businesses, the new regime will add costs and administrative burdens to dealing with freelancers providing their services through a personal service company. For smaller businesses, the small company exemption from these rules makes small businesses more attractive for freelancers to work for and may even motivate larger competitors to outsource projects to smaller agencies who can engage freelancers without the additional layer of cost this new regime will impose.
This webinar will cover both the small and large company perspectives on this regime.
During this webinar we will cover:
- IR35/off-payroll working rules – where are we now?
- What are the tax implications (including updates for the changes in Finance Act 2020)?
- Which businesses need to comply with the rules?
- What type of individual is at risk of being treated as an off-payroll worker?
- The associated cost of having to now payroll these deemed workers
- What you should be considering
- A review of the third party off-payroll working rule solutions (e.g. umbrella solutions and statement of works arrangements)
Who should attend: Business owners, directors and HR professionals of limited companies, and contractors.
If you would like to submit a question in advance of the webinar, please email email@example.com
Date: October 21, 2020
Head of Tax, Moore Kingston Smith
Online - Zoom webinar