Createch 2017 puts new UK growth opportunity on map
Business leaders, innovators and creatives will gather in London on June 13th in London Technology Week to chart the emerging Createch sector and the UK’s role in the interaction of creativity and technology across industries worldwide.
A spotlight on #Createch – exploring its potential to add value to the wider UK economy and open up new opportunities and partnerships for UK businesses both at home and internationally.
In describing the size and nature of this opportunity, Createch 2017 (#createtech) will seek to:
- Provide a definition of Createch and a rich showcase of its many applications
- Identify Createch’s potential to contribute to economic growth and job creation
- Set out the global proposition for the UK’s Createch sector
Senior figures from the BBC, Microsoft, Facebook, Harper Collins and others will share the stage with Createch pioneers, entrepreneurs, visionary creatives, and representatives of Britain’s pre-eminent creative industries organisations.
Participants will celebrate and debate the potential impact of Createch on every part of individuals’ lives and our collective future.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
* Nicola Mendelsohn, VP, EMEA Facebook
* Russ Shaw, Founder, Founder, Tech London Advocates
* Tim Hollingsworth, CEO, British Paralympic Association
* Imogen Heap, Musician
* Steve May-Russell, Founder, Smallfry
* Haiyan Zhang, Director Innovation, Microsoft Research
* Carlos de Arriba, Business Development, Oculus
* Charlie Redmayne, CEO, HarperCollins and Vice-President of the Publishers Association
* Peter Runacre, Senior Projects Director, Argent
* Sarah Golding, CEO, CHI&Partners and President of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
* Ben Lumsden, Head of Studio, Imaginarium
* Matthew Frank, CEO, TRX
* David Flynn, Founder, Youngest Media
* Adrian Leu, CEO, Inition
* Sarah Ellis, Director of Digital Development, Royal Shakespeare Company
There will be panel sessions chaired by The British Fashion Council, Pact, Immerse UK, RIBA, IPA, the Publishers Association, and Creative England.
Createch 2017 is hosted by the Creative Industries Council (CIC) in association with Facebook, the Department for International Trade and Tech London Advocates.
Nicola Mendelsohn, Industry Co-Chair of the CIC and VP EMEA Facebook, said:
“Createch is one of the most promising growth areas of the UK’s dynamic creative industries. This event represents a unique opportunity to learn more about this emerging category, its potential benefits for the wider economy, and the opportunity for UK businesses to develop a global Createch offering.”
Createch 2017 takes place from 08.30 to 20.30 on June 13th at
10 Godliman Street
Tickets are priced £150 + VAT and booking fee. Book tickets on the Eventbrite website: https://createch2017.eventbrite.co.uk/.
For any other queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Creative Industries Council
The council focuses on areas where there are barriers to growth facing the sector, such as access to finance, skills, export markets, regulation, intellectual property (IP), diversity, and infrastructure. Council members are leading figures drawn from across the creative and digital industries including TV, computer games, fashion, music, arts, publishing and film. Visit this page for more information.