Moore Kingston Smith Latin America (LatAm) group was pleased to host our first LatAm club session earlier this month. This was led by our LatAm Group manager Gary De Souza who encouraged an open discussion with businesses from Argentina, Brazil and Mexico to share their thoughts on how businesses in the media industry have been affected by, and are dealing with, the current situation in both LatAm and the UK.
We were also delighted to be joined by Graham Tyler, Moore Media Chairman, and Matias Tejero from our Moore member firm based in Argentina, Moore Tejero, who shared additional experiences of their clients in the LatAm market.
Here are our key takeaways from the session:
- There is a feeling of positivity emerging in both the UK and LatAm with businesses starting to make more forward-looking plans with optimism things will greatly improve by the end of 2021 driven by global vaccination efforts.
- Despite the challenges, 2020 was a good year for advertising as brands in both LatAm and the UK looked at new ways to promote their products and services which has resulted in new revenue streams and opportunities for digital advertising businesses.
- Within the TV and film production industry in LatAm, initial concerns about infection spreading on set was mitigated by robust controls implemented with regards to social distancing. In addition, many have adopted new remote links available to clients to virtually join on set.
- Remote working has generally been a positive change in LatAm with employees enjoying the more flexible working arrangements which better suits many people’s lifestyle.
- Mental health and wellbeing is proving to be a bigger consideration for employers as a tough year for many people – with places such as Argentina in full lockdown for around eight months.
- The reduction in unnecessary travel for meetings/events that can be done virtually will help towards climate control objectives.
- Consensus that the pandemic and resulting lockdown restrictions in both the UK and LatAm have seen five years’ worth of change in just one.
If you would like to find out more about how we support companies operating in both LatAm and the UK or to express interest in our next session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.