Moore Kingston Smith has over three decades of experience working with internationally oriented companies looking to expand and grow globally. Our dedicated team of international expansion specialists understand the nuances of foreign market entry, and work with clients to ensure that their plan to expand their global footprints takes place in a smooth and efficient manner.
Whether you are a UK company planning to expand to North America, or a business from across the Atlantic looking to enter the UK market; the Moore Kingston Smith North America Group can provide a seamless transatlantic service, ably assisted by our associate firms in many key locations including the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, and Toronto.
Over the years, we have advised many American companies to access the UK and European markets by establishing a presence for them in London. Our North America Group partners and managers have many years of experience of working with companies across multiple sectors including Technology (e.g. FinTech, SaaS, IoT, Mobile, Gaming, etc.), Media & Marketing, Professional services and Retail, to name a few.
Our full range of services for the initial set-up and on-going compliances in the UK includes:
- Business structuring and company formation
- Registered office and company secretarial services
- Tax compliance and advisory
- Payroll management
- Bookkeeping and management accounts
- HR Consultancy
If you are looking at the UK for other avenues of entry, we offer a full-suite of corporate finance services including:
- Raising Finance
- M&A and Joint Ventures
- Due Diligence
- Market Listings (AIM)
Our Private Client Team also assists many American and Canadian nationals with advice on:
- Expatriate Tax
- Internationally mobile employees – compliance and advice
- Cross-border and offshore structures
We work closely the Department of International Trade (DIT), and are a preferred accounting partner with London & Partners (L&P), London’s official promotional agency for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- We assisted one of world’s leading US-owned suppliers and manufacturers of home-ware, to set up in the UK, advising them on business tax structuring and HR employee remuneration. Since their initial set-up, we have provided on-going advice to them for successfully expanding into other international jurisdictions.
- Supported and advised a multi-million dollar US owned events Management Company, with payroll management services, cross-border tax, expatriate and VAT advisory, which led to significant overall saving for the company.
Moore Kingston Smith has worked with Urban Outfitters, the US-based global fashion retailer, since it opened its first shop in the UK in 1998. Moore Kingston Smith are excellent at understanding our business and what we need, and tailoring the advice they give exactly for us. It’s important that I have someone available to validate and double-check any technical issues that come up, but I’ve also found that Moore Kingston Smith are very good at providing the more practical, less technical advice too.