Keeping track of the constant legislative changes; understanding your obligations and duties; declaring your liabilities in the right way at the right time; having the right records and documents to support your position – If you get it wrong in any of these areas, you face the very real risk of Her Majesties Revenue and Customs (HMRC) enquiring into your tax affairs. This, we know, is a very daunting and stressful process.
How we can help you
We work very closely with our private clients to secure them from challenge by HMRC. It doesn’t matter at what area of tax the investigation is targeted. Our experienced tax investigation specialists will manage the whole process for you, acting as the buffer between you and the authorities, and making sure you only pay the tax that is due, nothing more.
What we can offer you
We can offer you a comprehensive range of services, each tailored to your requirements. These include:
- Expertise in investigations into all areas of taxation
- Technical analysis to determine exposure and risk
- Disclosure management
- Full responsibility for negotiations with HMRC
- Specialist technical assistance for existing advisers
- Statutory declaration management
- Aspect and full enquiry case management
- Civil investigation of fraud expertise
- Specialists in offshore structures and residence/domicile
- Preparation of disclosure reports
What it means for you
We know your tax rights. In spite of pressure from HMRC, we will make sure you don’t end up paying more tax than is due.
Financial advice is provided by Moore Kingston Smith Financial Advisers Ltd, an appointed representative of Argentis Financial Management Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA does not regulate some forms of buy to lets, commercial mortgages, tax advice, wills, trusts or certain offshore investments.