Cross-border tax

Specialist cross-border tax advice

With increased globalisation of our everyday lives and Brexit creating cross-border tax issues, UK taxpayers are having to contend with consideration of tax reporting and meeting obligations in non-UK jurisdictions.

You will have to consider non-UK tax reporting requirements if you have:

  • A non-UK employer who remunerates you partially with shares in a non-UK company or an interest in other business structures;
  • A non-UK holiday home that is let out and generating income, which is received outside the UK.

Similarly, non-UK domiciled individuals who often have wealth outside the UK may have dual reporting requirements, or none at all depending on how those assets are structured. This is a complex area and non-disclosure due to ignorance of the rules is not a defence if challenged.

If you have assets in more than one jurisdiction or work internationally, and want to find out more about cross-border tax, get in touch with our specialist in this field, Joseph Adunse.

Joseph Adunse is a partner in the private client team advising a variety of clients on navigating the tax areas affecting them, particularly income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax. Tailoring advice aligned to clients’ long-term goals, Joseph helps them maximise the opportunities available to them while ensuring compliance with UK tax regulations. From… Read more

Get in touch

How did you hear about us?