We have a zero-tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking. We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our anti-slavery policy reflects our promise to act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships. We implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking are not occurring anywhere in our supply chains.
Our supply chains and supplier adherence to our value
The relationship with all our suppliers has been established over some years and is built upon mutually beneficial factors. We have close and personal links and contact with the owners or directors, reflecting the fact that we partner with small and medium-sized operations in the main.
When we acquire new contractors or suppliers, we pre-qualify them through a due diligence process. We look at company performance and get references from other customers to establish that they are suitable.
To date, we haven’t been made aware of any human trafficking or slavery activities within the supply chain. However, if any were highlighted to us, we would act immediately in accordance with our legal and moral obligations.
Due diligence process
We have systems in place to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas when considering new suppliers.
- Regularly review our existing supply chains.
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Protect whistleblowers.
Health & Wellbeing Policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees are important.We are committed to providing employees with a safe, healthy and supportive environment at work. We are fully committed to a supportive workplace culture where healthy lifestyle choices are valued and encouraged.
Moore Kingston Smith offers:
- Flexible working, appraisals and career development opportunities.
- Social events/activities to encourage positive relationships within the workplace.
- A supportive employee assistance programme for all employees to use free of charge while also creating an awareness of health and wellbeing issues.
- Trained mental health first aiders as well as regular first aiders.