In the latest Finance Leaders’ Forum round table discussion, our HR and wellbeing partners outlined the importance of implementing a mental health strategy within your business and the benefits this brings to workplace culture and employee retention.
Topics discussed included:
- Wellbeing in the workplace, including ways to create an environment where all feel safe and comfortable.
- Mental health first aid, including the benefits to upskilling staff to become Mental Health First Aiders or external Employee Assistance Programmes.
Top tips to take away:
Implementing a Mental Health/ Wellbeing Strategy:
- It is crucial for businesses to understand that wellbeing goes beyond mental and physical health.
- Encourage your employees to be open about their wellbeing and seek to implement a supportive leadership culture. Create a working environment where all feel comfortable and safe.
- Equip managers with the relevant tools and training to help those who are struggling with positive wellbeing.
- Use Occupational Health where necessary.
Mental Health First Aid Matters:
- Upskilling staff to become Mental Health First Aider’s will encourage and support employees to access professional help, as well as signpost them to the most appropriate tools and support when struggling with positive wellbeing.
- Mental Health First Aider’s are trained to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis and can contribute to tackling stigma surrounding wellbeing in the workplace.
- Think about subscribing to an external Employee Assistance Programme for support and help for your team.
Consider the above top tips to aid positive wellbeing and maintain employee retention in the workplace.
The Finance Leaders’ Forum is a virtual round table event series exclusively for senior finance executives. It includes a technical update from our experts along with the opportunity to join the discussion and share ideas with peers who face similar challenges to you.
Register now to receive a copy of the recording: