Confident employment tax support
Taking on employees is an exciting step for any business – but it can also be challenging to know where to start in this rapidly changing working landscape. Our employment tax team is here to help you navigate the world of having staff, whether you’ve got 1 or 1,000+ employees.
Our well-established employment tax team are at the forefront of constantly changing tax legislation, allowing us to advise our clients effectively and help make your organisation a place that your employees love working.
Our employment tax services include
- Performing employment tax (PAYE and social security) risk reviews, identifying any risk areas, completing remedial work and designing new and robust policies and procedures. Our clients particularly value our initial 1 hour risk and reward meeting to talk through their affairs before a detailed review is completed.
- Support an organisation during a routine or prompted HMRC PAYE compliance check.
- Advice on all aspects of employment status and the off payroll working rules.
- Reward planning – including salary sacrifice arrangements for electric cars, pensions (and more) as well as flexible working and sustainable reward.
- Assisting with the design of expense and benefit policies.
- Construction industry scheme – assistance with complying with the onerous requirements of the scheme.
- Advice on all aspects of international movement of employees through our Global Employer Services.
- Equity incentives – tax advice for share-based incentive such as EMI.
- Providing a full employment tax compliance filing service, including the preparation and submission of form P11Ds, PAYE Settlement Agreements and employment related security filings.
- Exit strategies – including the use of Employee Ownership Trusts.
Some of the other aspects that our experienced multi-disciplinary team of tax and legal specialists can advise on are as follows:
- Full HR outsourcing including payroll services.
- Employee benefit schemes – set up and administration.
- Equity incentives – the development and implementation of appropriate share-based incentive such as EMI.
If you’ve got any questions about employment tax, get in touch with our expert partner in this field, Tim Stovold.